Celebrate the 4th of July With a Skookie
Can’t get enough of ice cream sundaes this summer? Looking for an extra-yummy way to celebrate the 4th of July this year?
Try a freshly baked pan cookie or “skookie.” Toppings are customizable but we love to go classic with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. The recipe makes 16 servings, perfect for pot lucks and backyard barbeques.
- 10 inch cast iron skillet
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®
- Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- Vanilla Ice Cream of choice
- Fresh sliced strawberries and blueberries (optional)
- NESTLÉ NESQUIK ®Chocolate Flavor Syrup (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl; stir.
BEAT butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts.
Press into cast iron skillet using a rubber spatula
BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown throughout. Cool for 10 minutes; serve topped with ice cream. Sprinkle with berries; drizzle with Nesquik.
Recipe courtesy of the kitchens of Nestle.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.