Delicious Peanut Butter and Its Tasty Recipes
(Family Features) From the classics of yesterday to favorites on the table today, peanut butter is a delicious ingredient enjoyed in recipes generation after generation.
“Whether it features creamy or crunchy peanut butter, is a snack your grandmother made, a side dish your dad loved to cook at the holidays, or even a main entree you love serving your family on a busy weeknight, we want to honor your go-to, time-honored recipe,” said Leslie Wagner, executive director, Southern Peanut Growers (SPG).
To celebrate everyone’s timeless taste for this sticky staple, SPG is hosting its annual “PB My Way” national recipe contest calling for all-time favorite peanut butter recipes. Home bakers and cooks around the country are encouraged to share their favorite recipe inspired by this rich and versatile kitchen staple. Recipe submissions are due by April 15, 2015.
Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsalted butter, chilled, cut up
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups honey-roasted peanuts
- 2 (10-ounce) packages peanut butter chips
- 2 (8-ounce) packages toffee bits or 12 (1.4-ounce) bars milk chocolate toffee, such as Heath bars, chopped
- Whisk flour, oats, baking soda and salt in medium bowl and set aside. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl at medium speed 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating just until combined. At low speed, beat in flour mixture just until combined.
- Stir in peanuts, peanut butter chips and toffee bits. Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Gently form into balls and flatten slightly to about 1/2- to 3/4- inch thickness. Freeze dough on baking sheets for 10 minutes or until firm. Bake about 12 minutes or until light brown on edges. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack 3 minutes. Place cookies on rack to cool completely before storing.
6 dozen cookies
Southern Peanut Growers
More cookie recipes here.