Hot and Spicy Apple Recipes For Future Game Days
Whether it’s basketball, hockey, or football get-togethers, these recipes developed by the resident chef at Old Orchard Brands’ Sparta, Michigan headquarters are sure to delight a gathering of fans. Bursting with flavor, apples lend warmth and tart flavor to a well-rounded platter.
Jalapeno Apple Hot Wings w/Apple Lime Dipping Sauce
- For the wings:
- 4-1/2 lbs. chicken wings, about 18 to 20 with wing tips cut off and discarded
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2-1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 can Old Orchard frozen Apple Juice Concentrate
- 1/2 can frozen Old Orchard Limeade Juice Concentrate
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- For the dip:
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1/2 cup Jalapeno Apple Juice Reduction
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
For the wings:
1. Preheat broiler. Line bottom of a broiler pan with foil, then oil rack
2. Toss wings with oil, black pepper, and 2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl
and spread in one layer on rack of broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from
heat, turning over once, until barely cooked through (approx. 20 to 25
3. While wings are broiling, blend apple juice, lime juice, honey, Tabasco, 1/4 tsp. salt and Worcestershire sauce in a large sauce pan. Boil until mixture is reduced in half and very syrupy. (Approximately 20 minutes)
4. Saute jalapeno, garlic, cumin, and cayenne in a saute pan over medium
high heat. Add jalapeno mixture to juice reduction and stir.
5. Brush 1/4 cup juice reduction on cooked wings and broil 1-2 minutes.
6. Brush wings with 1/4 cup juice reduction again, then turn wings over and brush with another 1/4 cup juice reduction. Broil until more deeply browned, 1-2 minutes.
7. Reserve 1/2 cup of juice reduction for dipping sauce.
For the Dip: Heat all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mix well to incorporate all the flavors. As soon as the jelly has melted serve with Hot Wings.
Recipe courtesy of