Grilled Cheese All Grown Up: The Maliblue™
The Maliblue™ sandwich is the brain child of Chef Troy Davis, owner of Melthouse Bistro in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Great with almost any beer, this is a classic Club sandwich meets Cobb salad meets grilled cheese. Wisconsin Blue Cheese brings the flavor out, topped alongside smoked turkey breast, smoked bacon, avocado, hard boiled egg, roasted garlic mayo, tomatoes and romaine lettuce on toasted French bread.
- 1/4 teaspoon minced roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 slices thick-sliced Country French bread
- 2 ounces (1/3 cup) Wisconsin Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 1 ounce Romaine lettuce
- 2 slices beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 ounces smoked turkey breast
- 2 slices thick-cut smoked bacon, fully cooked and broken into four pieces
- 1 hard-boiled egg, crumbled
- 1/4 medium avocado, cut into 3 thin slices
To make the roasted garlic mayonnaise, combine minced roasted garlic with mayonnaise in a bowl. Mix well with a small whisk.
Heat large skillet over medium heat. Brush melted butter on one side of each bread slice. Place both slices butter-side down, in skillet and top each slice of bread with 1 ounce of crumbled Blue Cheese. Heat until bread is golden brown on bottom and the cheese begins to soften and melt.
Spread roasted garlic mayo on one slice of bread overtop of melted Blue Cheese. Then top with the lettuce, tomato, smoked turkey breast, bacon, hard-boiled egg crumbles and avocado slices. Top sandwich with the other slice of bread, butter-side up.
recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.